Phillies Press Release
Tickets on Sale Now for Phans Feeding Families Pregame Party with Roy Halladay on Saturday
Halladay returns from Clearwater for charity event aimed to fight hunger in the Delaware Valley
Tickets are now on sale for a special Phillies Party with a Purpose on Saturday, August 17, hosted by Citizens Bank, The Halladay Family Foundation and the Phillies to benefit the 2013 Phans Feeding Families campaign. The campaign aims to fight hunger in the Delaware Valley in partnership with Philabundance, the region's largest hunger relief organization.
Full packages are available for $75 per ticket online at phillies.com/feedingfamilies and include the following on Saturday, August 17 at Citizens Bank Park:
- Admission to a pre-game party taking place at the Phillies Party Tent (5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.), including buffet menu, beer, and soft drinks.
- Appearances* at the tent party include Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay, broadcaster Tom McCarthy, former Phillie Greg "The Bull"
Luzinski, the Phillie Phanatic, Phillies Ballgirls and other special guests.
- Game ticket with other supporters in the Pavilion Deck (Sections 307-309) to see the Phillies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers at 7:05 p.m.
- Autographed photo card by Roy Halladay.
- Phans Feeding Families limited-edition pin.
- 98.1 WOGL will also be onsite to host the festivities.
- A donation of 50 meals to families in need to Philabundance.
Fans already attending the Saturday, August 17 game can purchase a tent-only package for $55 by calling the Phillies at 215-463-5000.
*Subject to change.
In addition to the tent party, fans can support the campaign in many ways:
- Bring a donation of non-perishable food to Citizens Bank Park or SEPTA's AT&T Station during the Phans Feeding Families food drive on Saturday, August 17. Recommended items include plastic jars of peanut butter and jelly, canned tuna and pasta.
- Buy a limited-edition Phans Feeding Families pin at Citizens Bank Park this summer or online at philabundance.org/feedingfamilies. Each $5 pin provides 7 meals for families in need.
- Bid on exclusive merchandise and VIP experiences through a silent auction during Phans Feeding Families Day on Saturday, August 17.
- Make an online monetary donation to the campaign.
The summer-long Phans Feeding Families campaign is a team-effort with many Phillies sponsors supporting the cause including ARAMARK, Goya Foods, Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Hatfield, SEPTA, ShopRite and Toyota. For more information on how to help, please visit phillies.com/feedingfamilies.
About Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania
Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania is a state-chartered bank with dual headquarters in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. It has 381 branches and 1,012 ATMs throughout Pennsylvania. It also operates 12 retail branches and 104 ATMs in southern New Jersey, and a commercial loan office and 17 ATMs in Virginia. It is a subsidiary of RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc., a $130 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I.
RBS Citizens Financial Group, through its subsidiaries, has more than 1,460 branches, approximately 3,800 ATMs and approximately 19,200 colleagues. Its two bank subsidiaries are RBS Citizens, N.A., and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania. They operate a 12-state branch network under the Citizens Bank brand in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont; and the Charter One brand in Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. RBSCFG has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states. RBSCFG is owned by RBS (the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc). RBSCFG's website is citizensbank.com.
Philabundance reduces hunger and food insecurity in the Delaware Valley by providing food access to people in need in partnership with organizations and individuals. Philabundance provides a full plate of services through direct service programs and a network of close to 500 member agencies in 9 counties. Philabundance serves approximately 65,000 people per week at a cost of 50 cents per meal. There are more than 900,000 people in the Delaware Valley who are at risk for chronic hunger and malnutrition. In 2011, Philabundance distributed 21 million pounds of food. For more information about Philabundance, visit philabundance.org or call 215-339-0900. Visit us on Facebook, Facebook.com/Philabundance and follow us on Twitter, Twitter.com/Philabundance. If you or someone you know is in need of food assistance, please call Philabundance's Food Help Line, 800-319-Food (3663).