Rangers Press Release
Rangers host Blue Jays and Mariners during five-game homestand beginning Friday
Michael Young to be honored in pre-game ceremony on Saturday; game moved to 7:15 p.m. start
Arlington, Texas-The Texas Rangers will host the Toronto Blue Jays and Seattle Mariners during a five-game homestand that begins tomorrow, Friday, May 16.
The Rangers will honor Michael Young in a pre-game ceremony on Saturday night prior to the game with the Blue Jays, which has been moved to a 7:15 p.m. start. The on-field ceremony, which begins at 6:35 p.m., will feature several presentations as well as remarks by Elvis Andrus, Vernon Wells, and Jim Sundberg. Special guests will include Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki, longtime Rangers batting coach Rudy Jaramillo, several former teammates, and members of the Young family. Rangers radio broadcaster Matt Hicks will serve as the master of ceremonies.
The Rangers and Blue Jays open their series on Friday at 7:05 p.m. A fireworks show follows the game themed to music that features cars. Fans can purchase $10.00 passes for access to the infield for the fireworks show at texasrangers.com or the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office. Space is limited. For Sunday's 2:05 p.m. series finale, the first 15,000 fans will receive a Medical Center Arlington Prince Fielder Bobblehead.
Seattle comes to town for a 7:05 p.m. game on Tuesday, May 20 and a 1:05 p.m. matinee on Wednesday, May 21. The first 15,000 fans, 14 years and older entering Globe Life Park on Tuesday will receive a Smile Generation Adrian Beltre Replica Jersey. Tuesday is also Texas Tech University Group Night with a special appearance by Red Raiders Head Football Coach Kliff Kingsbury. CBS 11/TXA21 Weather Day takes place at 10:30 a.m. prior to Wednesday's game, which is also a Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand and all 2014 home games can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Friday, May 16 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 7:05 p.m. - TXA 21-HD
- Post-Game Fireworks Show to music featuring cars
- Fans may enter FIREWORKS as the coupon code on texasrangers.com to purchase $15.00 Upper Reserved tickets for Fireworks Friday.
- Canadian and American National Anthems performed by Arlington Master Chorale
Saturday, May 17 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 7:15 p.m. - FSSW-HD NOTE SPECIAL GAME TIME
- Michael Young pre-game ceremony begins at 6:35 p.m.
- KIA Prince's Kingdom (all fans seated in a designated outfield section will receive a Prince's Kingdom T-Shirt, Crown, and KIA coupons)
- In honor of Armed Forces Day, colors to be presented by Sheppard Air Force Base Honor Guard
- Canadian National Anthem performed by Marine Corps veteran Tommy Ray Williams
- American National Anthem performed by World War II veteran Don Graves
- God Bless America performed by Master Sergeant Erika Stevens in middle of seventh inning
Sunday, May 18 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12 noon
- Medical Center Arlington Prince Fielder Bobblehead to first 15,000 fans
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- Pre-game on-field parade by Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Ceremonial first pitch by former Rangers All-Star Julio Franco
- Canadian National Anthem performed by Gara Stark
- American National Anthem performed by Rebirth
- Chevy Kids Take the Field pre-game
- Run the Bases post-game
Tuesday, May 20 vs. Seattle Mariners - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Smile Generation Adrian Beltre Replica Jersey to first 15,000 fans, 14 and older
- Ozarka Online Ticket Tuesday
- Texas Tech University Group Night with appearance by Head Football Coach Kliff Kingsbury
- HEB ISD Group Night
- National Anthem by Bell System Show Choir of L.D. Bell High School
Wednesday, May 21 vs. Seattle Mariners - 1:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD HP and CF Gates Open at 9:30 a.m.
- Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
- CBS11/TXA21 Weather Day begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Special Olympics Torch Run pre-game ceremony with Elvis Andrus
- National Anthem performed by Daphne Willis