- Erik Greupner was promoted to his current post of chief operating officer in November 2016. Working together with executive chairman Ron Fowler, Greupner has day-to-day management responsibility for the Padres' business operations. 2018 marks his eighth season in San Diego after joining the club in December 2010.
- Prior to joining the Padres, Greupner worked as a corporate and transactional attorney with the international law firm Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. While at Gibson Dunn, he advised senior management of public and private companies in general corporate matters, acquirers and targets in mergers and acquisitions transactions, and institutional investors and fund sponsors in the formation and operation of private investment funds.
- Prior to his time with Gibson Dunn, Greupner worked in sales management roles with Goldman Sachs & Company, Scudder Weisel Capital, LLC and Life Time Fitness.
- Greupner earned his Juris Doctor degree magna cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He served as a judicial intern for the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- A native of Minneapolis, Minn., Greupner graduated cum laude from Wheaton College, Illinois with a Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy and communications. He currently serves as the Chairman of the advisory board of trustees of Rady Children's Hospital Foundation and on the board of directors of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. He and his wife, Laura, have a son, Thomas, and two daughters, Ella and Kate.