• Enters his first year at the helm of the Dodgers, after having been named the 28th manager in franchise history on Nov. 23, 2015...will make his Dodger managerial debut on April 4 in San Diego
• Is the 10th skipper in Los Angeles Dodger history (28th overall in franchise history) and the fourth to both play and manage (15th overall)
• Will be the first minority manager in Dodger franchise history
• Following the conclusion of his playing career, spent the 2010 season in San Diego's front office, before becoming the Padres' first base coach from 2011-13
• Served as San Diego's bench coach for the 2014 and 2015 campaigns
• Managed the Padres for one game in 2015, following the departure of Bud Black...the club lost, 9-1
• Played in the Majors for 10 seasons, debuting with the Cleveland Indians on Aug. 7, 1999...played for the Indians (1999-2001), Dodgers (2002-04), Red Sox (2004), Padres (2005-06) and Giants (2007-08)
• In 832 career games, batted .266 with 243 stolen bases, including a career high 49 in 2006...also hit a career-best .293 with San Diego in 2006
• Was the Dodgers' starting center fielder from 2002-04, hitting .262 in 302 games and stealing 118 bases in 143 attempts (82.5%)..will be the fourth L.A. Dodger manager to also play for the franchise, joining Tommy Lasorda, Bill Russell and Glenn Hoffman
• Was traded by the Dodgers to the Red Sox at the 2004 trade deadline and then famously stole second base off the Yankees' Mariano Rivera in the ninth inning of Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS...the steal put him in position to score the tying run later in the frame as Boston became the first team in big league history to rally from a 3-0 deficit in the postseason
• Hit .438 (7-for-16) in the 2006 NLDS against the eventual World Series champion St. Louis Cardinalscareer-high 13 triples.
David Ray Roberts…he and his wife, Tricia, have been married for 18 years...they have a son, Cole and a daughter, Emmerson...was born to an African-American father and a Japanese mother in Okinawa, Japan...attended Rancho Buena High School in Vista, CA...playing quarterback, he led his squad to the San Diego Class 3 A State title in 1990... played baseball at UCLA and is the school's all-time leader in stolen bases (109)...graduated in 1995 with a degree in history...was orginally drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 28th round of the 1994 amateur draft...along with former Giants' teammate Rich Aurilia and John Micek, owns Red Stitch winery in the Napa Valley...took part in an educational Q&A about Jackie Robinson at John Muir High School in Pasadena this past offseason...was also offcially recognized by the L.A. County Board of Supervisors and spoke at City Hall when the city council passed a motion changing Elysian Park Ave. to Vin Scully Ave.